Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rider / Pillion Comms - Recommendations  (Read 543 times)

Offline thehammer

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • The Hammer
  • Bike: MY19 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Chester
Rider / Pillion Comms - Recommendations
« on: June 26, 2019, 01:22:49 PM »
Due to take delivery of the SX, and looking at rider comms.  Things appear to have moved on since the setup on my zx10r (wired autocom with bluetooth) and wondered what is the best out there for a) rider comms and bluetooth setup and b) rider to pillion (+ pillion sounds etc).

And are they all the f'ugly ones you have to clamp on the side of your lid?

Offline Beetlejuice

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: Rider / Pillion Comms - Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:15:09 PM »
Cardo Packtalk - I have the slim ones and wouldn't have anything else  :028:

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX ABS
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:48:39 PM »
There are tens of choices but they all involve clamping to the helmet, that's how you hear from them and control them.
I like Sena, but you can get cheap Chinese jobbies that (from friends) apparently do the job.
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2010 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer

Online SteveMat

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Green Tourer
  • City / Town: Blackwood
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 06:41:08 AM »
+1 for the Cardo Packtalk Slim.  They all have their pro's and con's.  I'm about to post a review on our group of four riders experience of using them for two months, including an 8 day trip to Europe.

Although the Q1 is a lot cheaper and specifically designed for Rider to Passenger.  Not the same features though.

Online Popinman

• SX Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 06:47:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by whyhaveone [+]
There are tens of choices but they all involve clamping to the helmet, that's how you hear from them and control them.
I like Sena, but you can get cheap Chinese jobbies that (from friends) apparently do the job.

Expensive option, but Shoei GTAir2 provides for inbuilt Comms option so nothing is clamped to the outside of the lid.

Offline jonah1981

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2016 Blue 1000SX
  • City / Town: Barry
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 06:04:21 PM »
I’m also looking at headsets after a few days looking on the internet packtalk have great reviews, top end price but I guess you get what you pay for

Offline tonyt4

• SX Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »
with 2 mates we all had interphone tour.  Clear, and background noise OK. They were different model years but all connected OK.  Auto switch to phone worked OK, if two or more of us had our satnavs linked this sometimes seemed to cause it confusion, could lose connections for 5 minutes.  Range I did not think was great, but not an issue with pillion.  Half a mile at best sometimes a bit iffy less than that.  Supposed to be able to link 4 riders at most, there was just the three of us and OK.  Also once linked it always remembered
Not tried anything else.

Tony

Offline thehammer

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • The Hammer
  • Bike: MY19 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 08:45:20 AM »
After recommendations on here, I went for Cardo Packtalk Slim....

Easy installation, and very good setup!  Voice over DMC is very good, albeit a little crackly at times.  But Bluetooth phone and music works very very well. Whilst not cheap, well worth the expense.

Looks super slick on the lids too! Thanks all!

expletive