Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Upgrading costs  (Read 1042 times)

Offline starkyno1

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: versys 1000se gt
  • City / Town: cowie
Upgrading costs
« on: June 13, 2019, 05:24:59 AM »
Hi guys, currently thinking about going for the h2sx, I currently have a March 2018 tourer with 9k on the clock, any ideas about a trade in value  :828:

Offline Azz1e

• SX Member
  • Bike: '18 SX Silver
  • City / Town: Colchester,Essex
Re: Upgrading costs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:51:31 AM »
I’d honestly look on Bike Trader to get an idea of what your bike goes for to get an idea of the rough market value. Once you have that you should then talk to the dealer. If they offer at or above that, then you haven’t really lost out (as it’s either what you would have got or better based on selling it yourself).

If you’re on finance of any sort you should factor that in too (as you may take a hit if it’s not half way through the term etc).

Most dealers want you to get a new bike as they get a referral fee from the finance company or get straight profit if it’s a cash sale. The same goes for your trade-in.

Keen to hear how you get on!

Online keithzx

• SX Master
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:22 AM »
already done it , changed to the sx h2 se, took me a couple of test rides to make up my mind , I never liked it at first just a different ride from the sx  , but now 1500 miles later love it , once you get used to it a great bike , you have to shop around for the best deal that suits you , it is not what your bike is worth it is how much you have to pay to change your bike , I have sent you a pm .

Offline Mr NSB

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Andover
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 06:11:35 PM »
I was having a look around recently and I was offered £7000 for my July 18 with 5k miles at a Kawasaki and a BMW dealers.

Online keithzx

• SX Master
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 06:24:33 PM »
when I was going through the dealers to change my bike they were valuing it from £7100 to £7600 sept 2106 sx  tourer (luggage) in green it was totally mint with around 3700 miles , but like I said it is not what the offer you for your bike it is the deal they can do you on another bike , how much cash + your bike, I shopped around practically  every dealer  till I got the bargain I was looking for, mine was delivered from London to Tyneside coat £200 for delivery and pick up but well worth it .it is a buyers market . 

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:16:09 PM »
I couldn't get on with the H2SX compared to the Z1000SX - I found it very uncomfortable by comparison and also whilst it is quicker in the top end, I didn't see an extra £6000 worth of performance over the SX.

Online keithzx

• SX Master
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 09:24:02 PM »
i didn't get on with it either ,  at first !!!! it is more than just the performance ,which it has plenty of, loads more extras also, no vibrations just a joy to ride on the open road, they are a lot of bike and since the se + came out which is a massive £21500 , there are deals to be done on the sx h2 and the se ,  I am pleased I made the change .

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
i didn't get on with it either ,  at first !!!! it is more than just the performance ,which it has plenty of, loads more extras also, no vibrations just a joy to ride on the open road, they are a lot of bike and since the se + came out which is a massive £21500 , there are deals to be done on the sx h2 and the se ,  I am pleased I made the change .

There's no question it's an upgrade over the Z1000SX, especially the engine and chassis and like you say, no vibration whatsoever! I was speaking to my local dealer the other day (GT Motorcycles Plymouth) and whether he should have revealed this or not I don't know but he said Kawasaki have sold two SE+ in the UK since launch, yep TWO!

Online keithzx

• SX Master
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
I think more than that     the S.E.+ is too expensive  as is the S.E. and sx but like I said  there are discounts to be had if you shop around most of the modern bikes now are getting out of hand price wise I never  paid list price

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »
I’ve now ridden the h2 a few times maybe 150 miles in all, and still don’t like it.

My son took it out for a test run spent about 2 hours riding it.

His conclusion was it’s felt like a less comfortable albeit faster Sx.

Yeah I know it’s take a lot longer, for some but I loved the Sx, and quite a few bikes before the minute I rode them.
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

expletive