Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lextek exhausts  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Runich

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
Re: Lextek exhausts
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 09:17:42 PM »
Time for an update:  In the end I went for the double sided Lextek system with the XP8c silencers.  I think the whole setup weighs in at 7-8kg compared with the OEM lump which I measured at 15kg.  I also bought the Lextek rear sets (I weighed the stock foot peg assemblies at 3kg in total) which are impressively well made for the price, although be prepared for a bit of head scratching since no instructions come in the box.  I also stuck on an Evotek tail tidy - really good quality, and as a bonus some instructions are included!

Today I went over to Junction 33 (https://www.facebook.com/DynoDude/) near Lancaster to get a Woolich ECU reflash done, and a remap on the dyno after fitting the full exhaust system - I could sense a big fat flat spot.  Andy who runs the place is a top bloke and it all went smoothly - it was a beautiful day and I had a great run back over the Forest of Bowland.  The bike feels brilliant after, smooth, powerful and basically more fun.  Results attached (15%, 30% and full throttle before and after) and you can see pictures of the bike on Andy's facebook page at the link above.

I also sourced a YSS shock with remote reservoir/preload on Ebay from another really good bloke who pointed me in the direction of an excellent suspension guy who sorted out my forks with Ktech springs (0.95Kg/mm), 5wt oil and a revalve.  They now have lots of adjustment and feel a lot plusher.  He also removed the hydraulic bump stops to effectively increase the fork travel.

I'm really happy with the results, and it's made a 4 year old bike that needed a bit of TLC feel like a lot of fun again for a lot less cash than buying a new one!

Last few jobs: remove the lambda sensor, remove or plug the pair valve to reduce the exhaust popping on the overrun, and maybe buy some of the Speedymoto Tall boys risers for a better handlebar position - anyone else got them?

Offline Runich

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »

Offline Runich

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »
Removed the lamda sensor and plugged the exhaust, it's been turned off anyway by via the Woolich software.  I also plugged the air injector pipe from the airbox, and the bike doesn't pop and burble on the overrun anymore - I was having to pull the clutch in through villages due to the noise.