Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bennetts  (Read 869 times)

Offline yorkie

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
Bennetts
« on: June 04, 2019, 10:38:25 AM »
I really can't believe that I am writing this post but I HAVE to give a big thumbs up to Bennetts.
I generally despise all insurance vultures but know they are a necessary evil.

So my situation is I've just bought the SX and already own another bike, insured with Bennetts. I contacted Bennetts to turn my policy into a Multi-bike policy but unfortunately they couldn't do that, only quote for two separate policies. After phoning round I got a quote for Multi bike from others. This of course means cancelling my existing policy with Bennetts, and here's where the :028: comes in. Bennetts state that any cancellation will incur a £50.00 charge, now as much as I think that unreasonable I was fully expecting to be paying it. When I told the Bennetts contact my reason for cancelling he checked his system, saw that what I was saying was accurate, and immediately stated that in these circumstances they would NOT be charging a cancellation fee, and I will be re-imbursed for my remaining policy period.

To say I was shocked is an understatement, but what it has done is ensure that when my new policy is up for renewal Bennetts will certainly be on my list of go to companies for a quote.

So, once again,  :828: :828: Bennetts.

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
  • Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4
  • City / Town: Rossendale
Re: Bennetts
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »
Nice one
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline ZX9R

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:34:20 AM »
 :047: :celebrate:

Result!!

I've mostly used Carole Nash over the years due to the Multi Bike issue and European insurance but when I bought the SX the initial quote for that and my other bike was scarily expensive. Even with full no claims and being an older gentleman  :164:

Got there in the end though  :002:

The negotiations will begin again at the end of the year, looks like Bennetts will be on my list as well after hearing that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:37:45 AM by ZX9R »

Offline yorkie

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 10:22:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by ZX9R [+]
:047: :celebrate:

Result!!

I've mostly used Carole Nash over the years due to the Multi Bike issue and European insurance but when I bought the SX the initial quote for that and my other bike was scarily expensive. Even with full no claims and being an older gentleman  :164:

Yes, I too was with Carole Nash a couple of years ago on a multi-bike policy and like you when renewal came around the cost had gone up massively. Goodbye Carole Nash
Got there in the end though  :002:

The negotiations will begin again at the end of the year, looks like Bennetts will be on my list as well after hearing that.

Offline Bristolbiker

• SX Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 10:10:23 AM »
I've recently bought a new Z1000sx to replace a 2011 Triumph Sprint ST. I had a multi bike policy with Carole Nash for many years and been very happy with them. But when my renewal came through with the new Z1000 on, the premium more than doubled to over £700. After a long chat on the phone they managed to knock nearly £200 off, but i decided to shop around first. I did get some decent quotes from companies that i've been warned to stay clear of, so i went with Bennetts myself. They do have a very good reputation, which is worth paying that little bit more for. As with all insurance companies you only find out how good or bad they are until you unfortunately have to make a claim.

Offline thehammer

• SX Junior
  • The Hammer
  • Bike: MY19 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 09:59:12 AM »
So....Bennett’s don’t do multi bike, just single bike cover? So id need two separate policies? Would they still be cheaper for 2 x 1 policy?

Offline Olivious the Drummer

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx Tourer
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 09:08:18 PM »
I had a terrible time with Bennetts ending up with the Ombudsmen getting involved. As you say you only find out how good they are when you have a claim. I found out how little they care.
Keeping it shiny side up!

Offline Mr NSB

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Andover
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Olivious the Drummer [+]
I had a terrible time with Bennetts ending up with the Ombudsmen getting involved. As you say you only find out how good they are when you have a claim. I found out how little they care.

Just yesterday I arranged for next years cover with them  :oh_no:

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by thehammer [+]
So....Bennett’s don’t do multi bike, just single bike cover? So id need two separate policies? Would they still be cheaper for 2 x 1 policy?

I had multi bike cover with them last year.  But they doubled the renewal so I went with Devitt Insurance.

Trying to get quotes for 3 bikes with my sort of mileage is a PITA. 

expletive