Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar risers & three piece luggage.  (Read 524 times)

Offline Chris68

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
Bar risers & three piece luggage.
« on: May 20, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is well.

Pt 1 - Bar risers

Looking at adding bar risers to my 2016 SX.
Been told Murphs bar risers are the best. Would anyone know if the ones off a 2017 model would fit on a 2016 model, as I've seen someone advertising them?

Pt 2 - Luggage

Still with my 2016 SX. I've upgraded the grab rails and bought the Kawasaki panniers, but I'm also looking to add a top box so I've got three piece luggage. Looking for information on what will fit. Some people say Ventura, and others are putting the shad kit, so just looking for which will actually fit best?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Offline kernowjim1

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Re: Bar risers & three piece luggage.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:17:09 AM »
I can only answer the first question and that is the Murph's risers are the same for all years.

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »
I have Shad top box kit really pleased with it looks much better than the Ventura one IMO and a good choice of box sizes. Drop me a message if you want any more info or photos

Offline Chris68

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by kernowjim1 [+]
I can only answer the first question and that is the Murph's risers are the same for all years.

Thank you buddy - I've purchased some!  :008:

*Originally Posted by Teaboy [+]
I have Shad top box kit really pleased with it looks much better than the Ventura one IMO and a good choice of box sizes. Drop me a message if you want any more info or photos

Hi mate, would absolutely love some photos if you don't mind.
Do you also have the details on what is needed exactly and where to purchase?

Appreciate it!

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro

Offline Chris68

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:37:06 PM »
-snip-

Stunning looking bike mate!

Have you had any issued weight wise, as it seems on other forums people are saying don't carry the three piece luggage. Did you find it easy enough to fit? I don't plan to carry a lot in the back luggage.

Thanks again.

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 09:46:29 PM »
No problems so far I tend to put lightweight stuff in top box and heavier items in panniers when using full luggage.
Not sure if you're wanting to carry pillion passenger but if not I can't see an issue with weight as despite top box being further back its never going to be anything like the weight as carrying a passenger

Offline Chris68

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
No problems so far I tend to put lightweight stuff in top box and heavier items in panniers when using full luggage.
Not sure if you're wanting to carry pillion passenger but if not I can't see an issue with weight as despite top box being further back its never going to be anything like the weight as carrying a passenger

Appreciate all your help. Purchase arrived yesterday.

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
Which box did you go for? A tip for you regarding removing the security bolt which holds the undertray it's not in particularly tight.but does have a soft loctite applied, some posts on here talk about having to drill it out or get dealer to remove, when I fitted my kit just used a large flat blade screwdriver with a nice square edge plenty of down pressure and security screw just wound out then replaced with a standard bolt on reassembly  :028:

expletive