Active Topics


Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)  (Read 1533 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shimonu

  • SX Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: Z1000SX -18
  • Country: Sweden
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »
Do I understand it correctly that the KTRC will not allow a wheelie and effectively also gives you launch control or should you still be careful with giving a lot of throttle during start?

Offline Scotty001

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1010
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
  • Country: UK
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 01:02:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shimonu [+]
Do I understand it correctly that the KTRC will not allow a wheelie and effectively also gives you launch control or should you still be careful with giving a lot of throttle during start?
I'd still be careful, ktrc is traction (stopping the wheel from loosing grip and spinning) if you give it a fistful there is still the possibility to flip the bike (the rear wheel isn't spinning up and will be getting full traction on the road surface) only when the ecu spots that the front wheel is rotating slower than the rear the engine will have its power cut, in the splitsecond it takes for the ecu to see that , if you've already got the front high enough and past the ballance point the engine power being cut isn't going to help you much.


Offline fallenwout

  • SX Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2018
  • Country: Belgium
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 11:48:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shimonu [+]
Do I understand it correctly that the KTRC will not allow a wheelie and effectively also gives you launch control or should you still be careful with giving a lot of throttle during start?
Not really a launch control as it does not anticipate on dumping the clutch. But once the clutch is engaged, go for it, KTRC will save you.

I deeply rely on KTRC during rain. I don't even bother controlling throttle when accelerating on a straight line. Put it in 3, hit the throttle once engaged and you will feel it kick in.

Offline Shimonu

  • SX Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: Z1000SX -18
  • Country: Sweden
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 07:47:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by fallenwout [+]
Not really a launch control as it does not anticipate on dumping the clutch. But once the clutch is engaged, go for it, KTRC will save you.

I deeply rely on KTRC during rain. I don't even bother controlling throttle when accelerating on a straight line. Put it in 3, hit the throttle once engaged and you will feel it kick in.

You put a lot of faith in the system. I would be more careful if I were you. I know I just asked about using it as launch control but I was mostly curious. Keep in mind that systems fail and this is not failsafe.

Offline ZX9R

  • SX Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • Country: Scotland, UK
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shimonu [+]
You put a lot of faith in the system. I would be more careful if I were you. I know I just asked about using it as launch control but I was mostly curious. Keep in mind that systems fail and this is not failsafe.

+1
I would agree. I prefer to think of the system as a bit of protection if something untoward happens or in case of a mistake.
Great to have the new technology but I personally still ride with the same awareness as on my old bike, with no electronic aids.
Maybe different on a track but for road use I personally, wouldn't be relying on it too much.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:15:56 AM by ZX9R »

Offline Jagnje

  • SX Junior
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: Slovenia
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
I can spin the rear on slipery pevement easily with ktrc on 1, but it will cut in after a second or so. 

Offline NoddyNinja

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 767
  • Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4
  • City / Town: Rossendale
  • Country: UK
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZX9R [+]
+1
I would agree. I prefer to think of the system as a bit of protection if something untoward happens or in case of a mistake.
Great to have the new technology but I personally still ride with the same awareness as on my old bike, with no electronic aids.
Maybe different on a track but for road use I personally, wouldn't be relying on it too much.

+1 like to use my riding skills for what they are, nice to have the electronics as a backup if I get it wrong
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline fallenwout

  • SX Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2018
  • Country: Belgium
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 11:10:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shimonu [+]
You put a lot of faith in the system.
I spun my rear wheel a lot on previous bikes by accident. If it is in a straight line and you're well balanced, nothing really happens. You just wonder why the rev counter goes up but the speed does not.
I've been relying on ktrc for 4yrs now (without and with the MCU). In a straight line, it will not let you down, ever. In turns I find it... meh, my front wheel starts to go first, nothing ktrc can do about that.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:12:15 PM by fallenwout »

Offline Shimonu

  • SX Member
  • **
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: Z1000SX -18
  • Country: Sweden
Re: KTRC(and getting to know the bike)
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 07:28:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by fallenwout [+]
I spun my rear wheel a lot on previous bikes by accident. If it is in a straight line and you're well balanced, nothing really happens. You just wonder why the rev counter goes up but the speed does not.
I've been relying on ktrc for 4yrs now (without and with the MCU). In a straight line, it will not let you down, ever. In turns I find it... meh, my front wheel starts to go first, nothing ktrc can do about that.

If it's really wet then you're probably alright. I would worry if the tire could suddenly get a lot of traction and flip the bike.

 


expletive