Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Soft ware updates  (Read 515 times)

Offline bikerdude

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 SX in Black
  • City / Town: Kent
Soft ware updates
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:09:23 AM »
Hi all, when we take our bikes into a Kawasaki main dealer for a service does the bike get plugged in to check for system updates? I know this happens with my partner's 2017 Triumph Bonnie. I ask as considering using a former Kawasaki technician for servicing of my 2018 bike later this year.
Appreciate your input on this,Thanks

Online Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
Re: Soft ware updates
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 12:49:30 PM »
Yes the bike is connected to computer and the dealer logs onto the Kawasaki dealer network to register that the bike has had it's service and check for any faults.
I know it has to be logged onto the Kawasaki network because I was delayed collecting my bike by a day after it's service in January because the dealer network was down.

As for 'system updates' I don't know, but it stands to reason this would happen, especially with the newer 2017+ bikes that have a bit more tech on board.

Others on here may know more.
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline bikerdude

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 SX in Black
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »
Thank you I thought as much given todays technology and that other manufactures do. My local dealer is sadly closing and their tech is opening his own workshop. I would very much like to go with him but not being able to connect to Kawasaki for aforementioned checks is not so good especially as my bike is only 6 months old. Shame as really good guy. Thanks again

Online Shandy

• SX Master
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 05:23:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by bikerdude [+]
Thank you I thought as much given todays technology and that other manufactures do. My local dealer is sadly closing and their tech is opening his own workshop. I would very much like to go with him but not being able to connect to Kawasaki for aforementioned checks is not so good especially as my bike is only 6 months old. Shame as really good guy. Thanks again

Might be worth checking with him first, if the garage is closing, he might be taking some diagnostic equipment with him, or would certainly know whats required.

In terms of warranty, he would still be an 'approved' Kawasaki mechanic provided he is already? And so long as you use genuine parts, warranty remains intact.

:028:

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 08:25:36 AM »
Does not have to be genuine Kawasaki parts, just has to be of similar quality.

That particular nest egg for all manufactures be it bikes or cars was scrambled a few years ago, no longer can any manufacturers hold you hostage to their over inflated parts prices.
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Online Shandy

• SX Master
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tudor Rebel [+]
Does not have to be genuine Kawasaki parts, just has to be of similar quality.

That particular nest egg for all manufactures be it bikes or cars was scrambled a few years ago, no longer can any manufacturers hold you hostage to their over inflated parts prices.

:028: :828: Good to know!  :460: