Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seat Bag  (Read 891 times)

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
Seat Bag
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:46:14 PM »
Has anyone any experience with a Ventura Seti-Motoseat bag on an SX? I need a bit of extra luggage space in addition to panniers for my European trip this summer, I don't really need want to go the expense of a Ventura or Shad rack and top box an easily removable seat bag seems to be the answer the Ventura appears ideal but open to any other suggestions

Offline gojonnygo

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX Green
  • City / Town: High Wycombe
Re: Seat Bag
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 08:28:03 AM »
I always use a quick release tank bag, presume you have considered this.

Offline SEANSX

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 08:43:05 AM »
Don't know if you are interested but I have a new Black Oxford aqua roll bag that I don't need, 50L I think but would have to check. £25 + postage.

Offline DavidStonework

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000SX 2017
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 08:55:11 AM »
Kriega seat bags are fab. Not firm like that but totally (I mean in any weather, totally) waterproof, well made and easy to get on and off. I use one every day for work. Might not be big enough for you I guess.

Offline ed

• SX Master
  • Bike: '17 perf tourer
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 09:16:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by DavidStonework [+]
Kriega seat bags are fab. Not firm like that but totally (I mean in any weather, totally) waterproof, well made and easy to get on and off. I use one every day for work. Might not be big enough for you I guess.
I agree. I use Kreiga US20 bag on the pilluon seat to supplement my panniers on trips and it is tough and totally waterproof. I use Ventura big 50 litre (ish) bag on my other bike and it's not as tough and leaks like a sieve.

Offline whyhaveone

• SX God
  • Bike: 2016 Z1000SX ABS
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 09:18:18 AM »
+2 re the Kriega bag. I also use a Hein Gericke tank bag on the rear seat - it has a water proof cover and I prefer it on the seat to on the tank.

The advantage of either of these is that you can position them so that they provide some back support.
Kawasaki: 1975 250-S1C; 1977 Z650-B1; 1980 Z1000 MKII A3; 2010 ER6n; 2013 Z1000SX ABS; 2016 Z1000SX ABS Tourer

Offline Teaboy

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
  • City / Town: Nth Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 06:40:29 PM »
Thanks guys tank bag is a definite no no hate the things with a passion, Kreiger is an option I've considered just doesn't look as easy to remove quickly or get into quickly to access bits n pieces such as bottle of water, glasses, wallet etc

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 09:37:20 PM »
I too use a roll bag, way better than the traditional tail bag, gets loads more in, easy to scrap down and waterproof.

That’s it on bike, very fat there as I put my tent inside it, tent is the Gobi3, so give you a good idea how much you can pack in there.

Had a load of clothes, some other camping gear, boots n shoes as well.
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline DavidStonework

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000SX 2017
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Teaboy [+]
Thanks guys tank bag is a definite no no hate the things with a passion, Kreiger is an option I've considered just doesn't look as easy to remove quickly or get into quickly to access bits n pieces such as bottle of water, glasses, wallet etc

That's a fair point but they do have an outside pocket for that sort of thing if you want, and that's just a zip. I keep disc-lock in there, for example.

Offline JMW

• SX Master
  • Bike: Z1000SX ABS TOUR
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 12:23:19 PM »
Dont know how much space your looking but I use 40l GIVI waterproof bag or a 60l Over-board bagacross the rear seat. Handy off and into digs or boat cabin and back on in morning.
2017 Z1000SX ABS TOURER COVERED IN R&G, LACED WITH EVOTECH AND WRAPPED IN DARK PUIG....
2007 R1200GS  BMW...
2014 Z1000SX ABS TOURER METALIC GRAPHITE GREY,SOLD
2012 SX TOURER METALIC SPARK BLACK.SOLD