Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Breakfast runs  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Brickit

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2014
  • City / Town: Exeter
Re: Breakfast runs
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 02:07:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wright_stuf [+]
i would 100% prefer to ride with someone, the more the merrier! i'm good for an hour on my own, then i get bored  :164:
I find if I ride in a group I get bored! Just following along at the group pace can get tedious.
On my own, sometimes I'm happy to pootle along in a relaxed state, but then if the opportunity arises I like to open up a bit. Can't do that in a group without offending people.
 The secret is finding the right people to ride with!

Offline yorkie

• SX Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 03:12:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Brickit [+]
The secret is finding the right people to ride with!

Exactly right  :028: :028:

If I ride with others I always make it clear that we should all ride at our own pace. No pushing yourself to keep up with a faster rider and likewise no hanging about if your pace is a bit quicker.
We all know where we are going and we can just reassemble there. Snag is it doesn't pay to be the fastest, you end up getting all the coffee's in  :008:

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by yorkie [+]
Exactly right  :028: :028:

If I ride with others I always make it clear that we should all ride at our own pace. No pushing yourself to keep up with a faster rider and likewise no hanging about if your pace is a bit quicker.
We all know where we are going and we can just reassemble there. Snag is it doesn't pay to be the fastest, you end up getting all the coffee's in  :008:

White half a teaspoon of sugar pls. I will definitely be one of the last in.

Agree 100% in group, ride as you want, all meet up at designated spot.

Otherwise if you stuck with me you’d arrive at dinner time  :745:
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline mdr1970

• SX God
  • Life is simply too short for traffic...
  • Bike: 2014 ABS (MEF)
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 03:35:45 PM »
Depending on what group ride system you use, you can still have fun within the group!

Drop off works best for this IMO. https://www.guidedmotorbiketours.co.uk/drop-off-system/

Lead rider & TEC tail end charlie remain constants.
Lead rider marks junctions/corners for the following rider to stop, enabling riders further back to know where they are going. He then waits until he sees TEC before getting off after the group.

As long as you are safe & clear about your overtakes with other less experienced riders, you could effectively be one of the only guys marking turns that day if you wanted to!  :008:
2014 Z1000sx Blacknificent Made in JAPAN, Perfected in the UK   :038:   :008:

Offline harryh2493

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2014 MEF ABS
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 08:18:37 PM »
Regularly ride in a group with varying ‘rules ‘ which works for the group but very happy to ride solo - which is regular due to everyone’s work commitments. All is good as long as I’m on the bike h :celebrate:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:21:16 PM by harryh2493 »
Power CommanderV, Akro headers, Scorpion Serket Carbon cans, Puig Tinted Screen, Puig foot rests, Puig pillion rests, quickshifter, remap, gel seat, green shorty levers, R&G stuff.......

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 01:47:36 PM »
Had a great ride today, decided not to go to the Super sausage, as would be Billy no mates there ....again.

So instead went down to MK, then onto Leighton Buzzard, back via Bicester... very enjoyable though was a bit lame when I got home.

Not sure if I will go out next Sunday as at Bike Live (with son) in BHM on Saturday, so maybe be feeling a bit worse for wear  :031:..not that I have any idea why  :087:
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

expletive