Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: thinking of a change  (Read 1934 times)

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
Re: thinking of a change
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:59 AM »
yes you are right , I did try a ride last year  on the se h2 , motor is cracking , i do like the bike . and I  and its features , I wasn't that happy with the ride I had though , but to be honest I was only on it for about 40 mins and was stuck in tea time traffic in Newcastle city centre ,at present I have removed my lowered pegs . puig screen . slash cut pipes  my top sellerie  comfort seat , and my metallic green bagster tank cover , so apart from the oxford heated grips the front fenda extenda ,and the usb socket and digital charging screen , the bike is now practically standard , so when sitting on my sx now it more or less feels the same as the h2 se , the bars may be slightly further forward , but not much difference and you can get the risers for it , looking at my bike now  you could put next to a new one in the showroom  and you wouldn't know it has been used . still not 100% which way I am going yet have a few good offers on the table, took a new  video of my bike when it was all put back to standard   managed to get the dealers up to £8500 if I go  for the h2 se with four years warranty , really really tempted , I am trying not to rush in, pity I couldn't have sold my bike private would save me part exing, still got a  couple of weeks if I want to get a change for march, will see how it goes this week..

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
  • Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4
  • City / Town: Rossendale
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »
Might be worth checking insurance cost on the h2
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »
Already had my quotes £ 490  best price if I insure it for £18000 but at present the bike is starting to get discounts from the dealers as you know you never get what you insure your bike  for do this quote will drop  down when I insure it for less

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
Doesn't seem so bad for a £18K bike
Just got to convince yourself now I guess  :087: or the significant other  :027:
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline keithzx

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 10:14:03 PM »
They are discounting them to £1699 with luggage   Still a big decision for me but I have already put my bike back to standard so I will see what the week brings

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:13 PM »
Happy decision making
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline Scotty001

• SX God
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 12:16:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
Already had my quotes £ 490  best price if I insure it for £18000 but at present the bike is starting to get discounts from the dealers as you know you never get what you insure your bike  for do this quote will drop  down when I insure it for less
also minus the VAT you pay too. Insurance companies don't take this into consideration. you want to insure the bike for how much it will cost you to buy 2nd hand then get a gap insurance for either back to invoice (puts you back to zero loss factor) or replace for new (covers the difference of how much insurance Co gives you and how much a new model off the showroom floor with same spec would cost even if the price has gone up in 2/3/5 years) gap policies can be bought for upto 5 years. It cost me about £150.
If in 2022 my bike was wrote off the insurance Co would prob give me 4/5k if I'm lucky. My gap insurance will then give me the difference needed to buy a brand new bike of the same make model and  spec bike as what I had (z1000sx performance) , even if that bike now costs 15k to buy (10k from the gap insurance) I have a shiney brand new bike and it hasn't cost me a penny to put me back to the position I was in in 2017 riding off the dealers forecourt.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:22:58 AM by Scotty001 »

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 12:46:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
also minus the VAT you pay too. Insurance companies don't take this into consideration. you want to insure the bike for how much it will cost you to buy 2nd hand then get a gap insurance for either back to invoice (puts you back to zero loss factor) or replace for new (covers the difference of how much insurance Co gives you and how much a new model off the showroom floor with same spec would cost even if the price has gone up in 2/3/5 years) gap policies can be bought for upto 5 years. It cost me about £150.
If in 2022 my bike was wrote off the insurance Co would prob give me 4/5k if I'm lucky. My gap insurance will then give me the difference needed to buy a brand new bike of the same make model and  spec bike as what I had (z1000sx performance) , even if that bike now costs 15k to buy (10k from the gap insurance) I have a shiney brand new bike and it hasn't cost me a penny to put me back to the position I was in in 2017 riding off the dealers forecourt.

+1 I have the same gap on my SX currently 150 for 4 years. They will top up the difference to bring me upto price of new SX or equivalent if the SX is no longer available at any point in the next 4 years.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 08:29:19 PM »
 :460:
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

expletive