Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: oil Light  (Read 253 times)

Offline Shorty

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
oil Light
« on: January 30, 2019, 09:22:51 AM »
Morning all

Rode in on the bike today, and noticed the oil light on the dash. Checked the oil and its as it should be. Does the oil light show when just the ignition is on. Once i turn the bike on then the light goes off. Question is I guess is this normal. I havent he manual to hand as away from home at the mo other wise i would have checked in there.

Thanks

Offline DDHughes

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Green Tourer
  • City / Town: South Yorkshire
Re: oil Light
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »
Yes, this is how it should work. Warning lights will illuminate when ignition first switched on, then go out when engine fired up. 

I do remember, back in 1980, asking this same question at a "Honda Festival" at Donington Park as I'd never ridden a 4 stroke bike before and the oil light came on the Superdream. It's hard to believe now, but you turned up in the pit-lane with your licence and queued to ride a new Honda, 2 laps of Donington, with a marshal at the front and a marshal at the back. Long, long queues for the new CBX and the bigger stuff, but I managed 7 or 8 goes on Superdreams and CB650's.

Sorry for pinching your thread to waffle on about the old days !!

Offline Shorty

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
Re: oil Light
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »
Thanks, great to know.

Yep the good old days. Remember the Honda cbx6, was at the TT that year and all the marshalls were using them