Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Buying lowering blocks at motorwerk - Seem they want my soul  (Read 4164 times)

Online Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Buying lowering blocks at motorwerk - Seem they want my soul
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
While I doubt it’s a scam, I would never give that amount of info, especially the credit card plus code at the back, not to sound rude, but giving that info is stupid.

I can understand they need to protect themselves, but not to that degree, where it can easily compromise the buyer.
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline fallenwout

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2018
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 12:14:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tudor Rebel [+]
While I doubt it’s a scam, I would never give that amount of info, especially the credit card plus code at the back, not to sound rude, but giving that info is stupid.
The seller initiates the payment: The code on the back is required when the seller needs to bill you. This is risky as the seller can choose any mount. But you are insured for that at the credit company. Besides, I have the limit on my credit card set to a low amount. So if they are succesfull at robbing me, it will be a limited amount.
The buyer initiates the payment: If you want to pay the seller, the code is not necesary. But you need something like a digipass/card reader.

That being said, I should've chosen google pay. I will not buy directly with my credit card again after this. Unless the payment is buyer-initiated, otherwilse it will be paypal or google pay, nothing else.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:26:29 PM by fallenwout »

Offline fallenwout

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 02:50:01 PM »
Should I laugh or cry? I don't seem to have any luck, no matter how hard I try.
Please note that your order has been cancelled for the following reason (s):

Your motorcycle model is Z1000SX and the parts you purchased are for Ninja 1000 (ZX1000).

Regards,

Kate @ Moto Werk Sales
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:53:58 PM by fallenwout »

Online Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by fallenwout [+]
Should I laugh or cry? I don't seem to have any luck, no matter how hard I try.
Well shows their really know their stuff.... :006:

Companies like this best avoided tbh.. :027:

Though I’m am surprised they this poor at their products look good
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline fallenwout

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 03:35:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tudor Rebel [+]
Well shows their really know their stuff.... :006:
Must be and administrative employee, just keeping the books.
I replied that the bikes are the same with screenshot of my own bike sidebyside with their picture.

Offline teapot

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »
I have had no trouble with them this is my second order

Offline fallenwout

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 05:27:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by fallenwout [+]
I replied that the bikes are the same with screenshot of my own bike sidebyside with their picture.
Understandable reply. But, sadly, it seems my motowerk story ends here.
Through experience of selling our products designed for ZX1000 (Ninja 1000 in the U.S.) for Z1000SX, we have had customers claiming that our products did not fit, filing charge backs with their credit card bank and leaving us with the bill. Not only did we lose the money on the sale, but we were also left with a $25 charge back fee per transaction. As a small manufacturer, we cannot absorb such costs.

Because of that, we advise all of our customers that the fit of our parts is guaranteed only for the motorcycle make, model, and year specified on our website, which in this case is Ninja 1000 (ZX1000). Parts purchased for a motorcycle make, model, year not listed are not returnable. If a customer does not acknowledge this, we are unable to fulfill his order.

Because in your email, you insisted that these were the same motorcycles and you were buying the parts for Z1000SX, Kate had to follow company policy.

If comes to the comments about payment verification that you left on the forum to which another user just sent us a link, they do not reflect the correct information. If we are unable to electronically verify customer's credit card address for certain countries, we do require manual billing address verification with a customer. Such step allows us to prevent fraud and keep our costs down.This is rather an exception than a rule and seems to be connected to changes introduced by the European Union recently. The information you provided to us has been erased, and you do not need to worry about its further use.

Regards,

My last reply to them:
Thank you for the explanation Tom. I'm sorry to hear that people abuse your refund policy and I understand it must hit you harder if you're a small business. But I was not going to be one of them.
I know what I buy, I did my research about you. I even emailed you in september about the EU. It has been that long that I've been researching. A lot of people on the z1000sx.co.uk forum use your lowering blocks and say they fit wonderfully and are of outstanding quality. The z1000sx and ninja1000 are structurally exactly the same (different ECU program for emissions). People who say it doesn't fit, it is not because of the model is named z1000sx, but because they have warped footpegs themselves. If your quality is consistent in what everyone says, they will fit the z1000sx provided it is not dropped on the ground of sorts.

As you might know, the UK is also part of the EU (for now, with all the brexit stuff we don't know). So we are all suprised of the amount of information you asked:
credit card number + experation date + CSC code (through online form)
address (obviously)
picture of my credit card
picture of my id card
picture of my signature
You were making sure I could not scam you for 102$, while this information could easily scam me for 1000's of Euros. The equasion didn't seem correct in my opinion.
I'm kinda sad you did not want to sell to me. Eventhough I wanted to pay 147$ for it. Yes, it would be that much in total with shipping and custom fees, I even calculated that.

Well, if you ever change your mind and want to make 64$, you have my email.

Online Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 06:10:34 PM »
That reply of theirs, makes it pretty clear, they in fact do NOT know their own business, they should know that the ninja 1000 and z1000sx are exactly the same bikes. (Besides the different programing of the ECU)
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2019, 06:37:53 PM »
Well it was decent of them to reply and as you say the response to some degree Is understandable. Shame the fe whave to spoil it for the rest of us. Given thier parts are soo popular I wish they would have a UK distributor!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Online Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »
Ninja, there will always be the rip off artist ruining it for the normal folk, way of life, will never change.
KawaGreenSexy Goddess