Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super Unleaded  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000SX(2018)
  • City / Town: Swansea
Super Unleaded
« on: January 04, 2019, 07:20:22 PM »
Pulled in to fill up today. By the time I had taken off my gear, noticed regular unleaded was not working.  :oh_no: Decided I could not be bothered to move all my stuff and the bike to another pump so put in a tenner rather than my usual £16 ish. It was 10p a litre dearer. Bike seemed a lot faster on the way home! I've read the previous posts on this forum regarding super unleaded and how the bike is set up for regular, won't make any difference, waste of money etc but it certainly seemed better unless I was having one of those 'feelgood' rides we all have from time to time! Probably will use regular unleaded next time unless I've discovered something 'special' :187:. Anyone got anything interesting to add to to update us on super unleaded in an 2018 SX?  :028:

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
Re: Super Unleaded
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Swansea Jack [+]
Pulled in to fill up today. By the time I had taken off my gear, noticed regular unleaded was not working.  :oh_no: Decided I could not be bothered to move all my stuff and the bike to another pump so put in a tenner rather than my usual £16 ish. It was 10p a litre dearer. Bike seemed a lot faster on the way home! I've read the previous posts on this forum regarding super unleaded and how the bike is set up for regular, won't make any difference, waste of money etc but it certainly seemed better unless I was having one of those 'feelgood' rides we all have from time to time! Probably will use regular unleaded next time unless I've discovered something 'special' :187:. Anyone got anything interesting to add to to update us on super unleaded in an 2018 SX?  :028:
PUNCTUATION CORRECTED VERSION *
I use super unleaded not because I notice any difference but for its cleaning properties. Although one has to ask if the cost is worth the effect.

When I use regular unleaded I don't notice any difference.

I am however interested in this feel good ride you refer too lol. I thought that only happened to me! Some days the bike feels faster than it did the last ride. Maybe I should take more of my meds.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:15:59 PM by Ninjamaster »
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline TedtheZed

• SX Member
  • City / Town: Alton
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
More punctuation lessons perhaps !!

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by TedtheZed [+]
More punctuation lessons perhaps !!
actually my punctuation is fine but I'm using my tiny phone with my fat fingers and the full stop is next to the space bar. Thanks anyway though.....  :028:
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline TedtheZed

• SX Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:58:33 PM »
Sorry, I am a grumpy, miserable tosspot. My wife will vouch for this !!

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:59:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by TedtheZed [+]
Sorry, I am a grumpy, miserable tosspot. My wife will vouch for this !!

Sounds like our other halves would get on well then!  :008:
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]

I am however interested in this feel good ride you refer too lol. I thought that only happened to me! Some days the bike feels faster than it did the last ride. Maybe I should take more of my meds.
I have been aware of good rides/not so good for many years now. No explanation but if the gods are not on your side....head for home!  :087:

Offline TedtheZed

• SX Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:15:46 PM »
I agree, I have, on occasion, shortly after starting a ride thought that it doesn’t feel right, so gone back home and put it back in the garage and do something useful like mow the car or wash the lawn.

Offline Captain-Failmore

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 01:01:14 AM »
I use Shell V-Power, not 100% of the time but a lot and I use it mainly for the cleaning agents, but 99 RON performs noticeably better than standard 95 RON. I would not pay extra for 97 RON though if I'm paying more I want 99.
YNWA 96

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 06:34:14 AM »
Interesting....the doubters say 'super' cannot possibly be better but in the field, some SX riders have observed performance advantage. What is the truth? What do Kawasaki say?  :187: I think we need to look at fact v opinion here.

expletive