Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat nav connection  (Read 716 times)

Offline Teaboy

• SX Member
  • Bike: 18 Fusion Silver
Re: Sat nav connection
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 06:42:44 PM »
Scotty it's never good to jump to to conclusions I don't have heated grips on my bike.!

Offline ZPETE

• SX Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 08:09:33 PM »
ok, I have completed the job.
I am not keen on the snap close piggy back connectors, so i removed the bullet connectors from the grips, stripped back about 1cm and the same on the sat nav lead, then twisted wires together with flux, a dob of solder and i am left with a 1cm tinned tail that fits perfectly into a red ballet connector.
I now have grips and sat nav on shared, switched aux outlet. All works great and makes a neat job. sorry, no pics as that is beyond my computer skills :087:
Just ordered a Telferizer screen mount, so should be good to go for a test run early next week :830:
 :828: To all of you for your input, everyone so helpful on here. :028:

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 09:42:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by KD [+]
Ninjamaster and Teaboy ... You need to give accurate information for the model year of bike that the OP is asking about. NOT YOUR BIKE

ZPETE as you already know ... On the 2015 the only aux bullet connectors are under the left fairing, it doesn't have the aux bullet plugs for the power socket under your headlight.
Reference the piggyback scenario ... Scotty knows his stuff.
The EASIEST other way would be to extend the cables for the HEATED GRIPS or the SATNAV straight to the battery. If you have the oxford heated grips they are designed to be straight to the battery. Not sure about the OE heated grips.

:431:
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Teddybear

• SX Junior
  • It's only rock n roll but I like it...lol
  • Bike: Z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: Northants
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »
I will be wiring up my tomtom when I get a minute too...not looked for these aux connectors yet but on my previous bike only option was to connect direct to the battery...couple things I done might give another option..
I got an extension cable for my optimiser charger,plug already connected to the battery.I soldered the Tomtom power lead to the Male part of the extension lead cut to length and used this by plugging into the female battery plug....the lead has a inline fuse already to protect your unit but sure I read the Tomtom unit had an internal 2amp fuse very tricky to change in the round bar connection the sat nav slides into....so all i done was change the inline fuse for a 1.6amp so that failed first....never had any issues work great over the summer then just unplug when not required...I left it connected all the two week I was away...think connection to the sx is easier but with check the aux fuse in fusebox just incase...hope this makes sense... :490:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:27:13 AM by Teddybear »

expletive