Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 SX  (Read 6246 times)

Offline trivster

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marazion
Re: 2020 SX
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 09:55:19 AM »
Just rumours I guess.  I believe the Z1000SX is Kwak's best selling bike so if that's the case, they have to get this right.  I'd like to see something with better fuel economy than the current 1040 motor.  I think the patented 800cc supercharged engine would be ideal - and of course with fly by wire etc things like cruise control are easily added.  It might not be out as soon as next year though, which is fine by me because my PCP runs till 2021!

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by trivster [+]
Just rumours I guess.  I believe the Z1000SX is Kwak's best selling bike so if that's the case, they have to get this right.  I'd like to see something with better fuel economy than the current 1040 motor.  I think the patented 800cc supercharged engine would be ideal - and of course with fly by wire etc things like cruise control are easily added.  It might not be out as soon as next year though, which is fine by me because my PCP runs till 2021!

+1
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 10:11:04 PM »
I think this years new Versy's is an indication of what we can expect on the SX.

The Versy's has been a big hit for Kawasaki and I suspect sales will be similar to the SX.

I agree there will be a top spec / base model choice and

Seeing as Versy's SE has been so well received, I suspect they will transfer over as much of the new tech as possible.

Which means the top-spec will get:

Kawasaki's new semi-active suspension
Cornering LED headlight's
Cruise control
Heated grips
Power socket
And 'self-healing' paint   :005: :112:

As well as new screen design for both models and small styling revamp.

I can't see Kawasaki messing about with the engine too much, apart form some 'Euro Tweaks' to meet future emission standards. Seeing as the engine is the big selling point for SX owners and shared with the Versy's, so they'll be looking to make the most out of that engine.

:830:

IMHO
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline trivster

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marazion
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 02:12:18 PM »
I'll need a self-healing wallet....

Offline Darseyno1

• SX Master
  • Bike: Kawasaki sx 1000
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
I test rode the top of the range versys with all the gizmos on it and went for the better bike. The sx
"ye must be born again"

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 06:50:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by trivster [+]
I'll need a self-healing wallet....

:745:  :745:  :745:  :028:

Think we all will!

Let’s hope Kawasaki realities one of the biggest selling points for the SX is it’s pounds per smile value and keep it sensible!
If you want a tech laden, expensive SX then buy the H2 version!

Having said that I don’t think it’ll be too long before we see an adventure or Versys based H2 model  :005: it’s gotta be the next logical step  :027:

*Originally Posted by Darseyno1 [+]
I test rode the top of the range versys with all the gizmos on it and went for the better bike. The sx

:062:  :037:

Offline Chester

• SX Master
  • Zzzz
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Peterborough
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2019, 12:32:05 PM »
@Shandy - I too think the SX will most likely have many more changes for the 2020 model.  I'm holding off buying a 2019 bike to see.  If not, maybe there will be some good deals at the end of the year.
Chester

Offline Rockape737

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Alresford
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »
When I had mine serviced last week I asked the Dealer. Obviously or not he had no information not already posted. He did say he thought the 800 engine with supercharger is to early for the rest of the range. He also felt the new model may not be until 2021!

Offline kernowjim

• SX Junior
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rockape737 [+]
When I had mine serviced last week I asked the Dealer. Obviously or not he had no information not already posted. He did say he thought the 800 engine with supercharger is to early for the rest of the range. He also felt the new model may not be until 2021!

That's alright with me, I don't foresee me having any improving financials until at least then!

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »
We will have a standard SX with slight styling tweaks and general niceties like usual update as well as the  latest Euro version compliant

Then an SX SE version with a few more tech bits, semi active suspension being the big selling point!

The SE is Kawasaki’s new marketing tool and will eventually be rolled out over all their long standing models.

It Started with the ZX10R, now Versy’s and the SX would be the next logical choice in line with the three year update pattern.  :830:

Kawasaki are unlikely to mess up the SX formula, especially as it’s got to be one of their, if not the biggest selling bikes.
A smaller capacity supercharged bike, is more likely to be released as a separate model all together.

I’d estimate an A2 friendly bike marketed as an economic commuter and/or stepping stone for newer riders so to introduce them into the Kawasaki brand and eventually a bigger H2 model.

Most other brands have realised the importance of having smaller learner friendly bikes, most recently Triumph with the A2 compatible Street Triple and Street Twin.

Kawasaki obviously already have A2 bikes but they’ll no doubt want to attract new riders towards their supercharged range in the future.

H2 is likely to become its own brand within Kawasaki.(Think Ducati Scrambler, still Ducati but Scrambler is now a brand in itself)

Kawasaki always stated that the main focus for their new supercharged technology was to improve fuel economy and emissions rather than outright performance.

(Of course ridiculously fast acceleration and speed are welcome byproducts  :005:  :046: )

JMHO  :830:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:01:25 PM by Shandy »

expletive