Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi all....thinking about buy a Z1000SX  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
Re: Hi all....thinking about buy a Z1000SX
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by AndyR [+]
Thanks all for your helpful responses. I do think I need to give the bike another go so will see if the dealer is willing to let me have another go (don't think he was to pleased with my negative feedback). I could probably do with with a longer on the bike and may wait until the weather warms up again.

In terms of improving wind protection what do you suggest is the best aftermarket screen?

Still can't get the green beauty out of my mind!

Cheers,

Andy

Andy get them. To check the tyre pressure and adjust the rear preload...my first post on here was similar to yours. My 1st test ride was horrible the bike was all over the place. Took a 2bd extended ride for an agreed 2 hours that only lasted 15 mins because thet gave me a prepped bike from. Show room floor and it was night and day difference compared to the abused demo bike.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline AndyR

• SX Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 08:07:45 AM »
Thanks again all.

I'm going to give the bike another test ride as I think my initial thoughts were to harsh.

Regards,

Andy

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 09:28:31 PM »
Like you I came back to bike after a long time away, and this for me has being the perfect bike.

I could feel the buzz a bit once I got the bike, but by the time I came back from a Euro tour with bike just under 5k miles bike was way way smoother, think the throttle is something you learn the more you ride the bike.

End if the day it’s is the best bike I have ever ridden, it may not be great in any one department, but it very good at everything.

Agree the seat must be changed and put on a taller touring screen.
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX(2018)
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 05:32:34 AM »
Can't think of a better do everything bike on the market - I've ridden most - my previous bike was 195hp. This bike is real world fast. Does 90% sport that sportsbikes do. Does 90% touring that tourers do. Fairly light. Fast. Nimble. Looks good. Stock exhaust, seat, screen and Bridgestone's a lot better than some say! I went on my test ride after lots of other bikes. Blew everything away so bought my 18 pre reg at a good price. Yes it's quite low geared but keep the revs to 4000 or above when shifting and it's a joy to ride! It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Smoothes out with the miles. Screen on low. Firm up suspension. Ride fast. That's my way and I'm heading into my 70's. Contender for best bike ever. Adventure bikes are ok but encourage you to grow up! The SX will keep you young. When you have that 2nd test, ride  hard - this bike will soak up everything you throw at it and put a big smile where it matters. If you don't want a lively throttle, buy a 650 - this is a man's bike, not a boy's toy. :007: Join the.... 'we're all in the secret' club.
 :038:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 05:43:35 AM by Swansea Jack »

Offline Mr NSB

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX WJF
  • City / Town: Andover
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 07:18:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Buster Ray [+]
I don't think they are snatchy but can be a bit on/off on fueling on very low power, I think this is because of the Euro 4 compliance which makes them run very lean and turns off the fuel a bit quick on very low demand. A lot of newer bikes ar elie this, teh worst example anecdotally seems to be the Z900RS.

My throttle from new was on/off at low throttle openings and I improved it dramatically by adjusting out some of the free play.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 08:09:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Swansea Jack [+]
Can't think of a better do everything bike on the market - I've ridden most - my previous bike was 195hp. This bike is real world fast. Does 90% sport that sportsbikes do. Does 90% touring that tourers do. Fairly light. Fast. Nimble. Looks good. Stock exhaust, seat, screen and Bridgestone's a lot better than some say! I went on my test ride after lots of other bikes. Blew everything away so bought my 18 pre reg at a good price. Yes it's quite low geared but keep the revs to 4000 or above when shifting and it's a joy to ride! It is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Smoothes out with the miles. Screen on low. Firm up suspension. Ride fast. That's my way and I'm heading into my 70's. Contender for best bike ever. Adventure bikes are ok but encourage you to grow up! The SX will keep you young. When you have that 2nd test, ride  hard - this bike will soak up everything you throw at it and put a big smile where it matters. If you don't want a lively throttle, buy a 650 - this is a man's bike, not a boy's toy. :007: Join the.... 'we're all in the secret' club.

Lol  :305:
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Captain-Failmore

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »
Swansea Jack HAS to win the "Saying it EXACTLY how it is award for 2018" as this sums up where this bike sits in the market 100% correct and describes how I see the SX EXACTLY. :047:
YNWA 96

Offline DavidStonework

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000SX 2017
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
Stock exhaust, seat, screen and Bridgestone's a lot better than some say!

I'd been thinking I  was the only person on here thought that. Good post Sir.

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX(2018)
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
 :031:

expletive