Active Topics


Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit  (Read 2677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Ninjamaster

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1408
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
as previously posted I also have the adjustable Chinese pegs, also had them fitted to my previuos zzr 1400's without any issues no vibes ,so much more comfortable



NB are those pics of your bike shortly after you took delivery? I cant get my bike that clean for love nor money!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline keithzx

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 274
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
  • Country: uk
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »
I never leave my bike dirty, or use water to clean it , try my best to keep it mint .

Online Ninjamaster

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1408
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
I never leave my bike dirty, or use water to clean it , try my best to keep it mint .

Eih?you don't use water? Don't tease what do you do?
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline keithzx

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 274
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
  • Country: uk
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2018, 08:27:02 AM »
never ever put a pressure washer / hose on any of my bikes , tried not to get caught out in rain, have been caught out a couple of times and the bike came back filthy, a damp sponge is suffice to remove any bad dirt, followed by any waterless wax/ canuba  polish cleaner (use to use greased lightning , works well or Williams do one as well cheap on qvc ) , after a ride out bike is always cleaned generally I use a bottle og cheap glass cleaner from a spray bottle , sometimes polish with simply mr sheen, or auto glym quick detailer , works well for me ….I can understand if you go off road (trials / scramble ) you wold need a pressure washer , but not for my bikes , water gets EVERYWERE , like to keep my bikes as dry as poss . just my opinion. it must work, as I get a lot of  comments on how clean the bike  looks .   

Online Ninjamaster

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1408
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
never ever put a pressure washer / hose on any of my bikes , tried not to get caught out in rain, have been caught out a couple of times and the bike came back filthy, a damp sponge is suffice to remove any bad dirt, followed by any waterless wax/ canuba  polish cleaner (use to use greased lightning , works well or Williams do one as well cheap on qvc ) , after a ride out bike is always cleaned generally I use a bottle og cheap glass cleaner from a spray bottle , sometimes polish with simply mr sheen, or auto glym quick detailer , works well for me ….I can understand if you go off road (trials / scramble ) you wold need a pressure washer , but not for my bikes , water gets EVERYWERE , like to keep my bikes as dry as poss . just my opinion. it must work, as I get a lot of  comments on how clean the bike  looks .   

Thanks for the tips!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Shandy

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 866
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
  • Country: UK
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by keithzx [+]
never ever put a pressure washer / hose on any of my bikes , tried not to get caught out in rain, have been caught out a couple of times and the bike came back filthy, a damp sponge is suffice to remove any bad dirt, followed by any waterless wax/ canuba  polish cleaner (use to use greased lightning , works well or Williams do one as well cheap on qvc ) , after a ride out bike is always cleaned generally I use a bottle og cheap glass cleaner from a spray bottle , sometimes polish with simply mr sheen, or auto glym quick detailer , works well for me ….I can understand if you go off road (trials / scramble ) you wold need a pressure washer , but not for my bikes , water gets EVERYWERE , like to keep my bikes as dry as poss . just my opinion. it must work, as I get a lot of  comments on how clean the bike  looks .   

It works!  :062:

Can only dream about keeping my SX that clean, but I guess all year round commuting I have made some sacrifices  :019:

Keep up the good work  :028:
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Online Ninjamaster

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1408
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
It works!  :062:

Can only dream about keeping my SX that clean, but I guess all year round commuting I have made some sacrifices  :019:

Keep up the good work  :028:

Yeah! I can spend 6 hours at a go just cleaning it after the weeks commute and still can't get it as clean as keiths! Must be my shoddy technique lol
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Online Ninjamaster

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1408
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »
Right so my footoegs arrived within 2 weeks actually. Today is first day I got to fit them.

Just trying. To figure out how as instructions are all in Chinese also trying. To figure out how to drop the rear brake lever. Assuming the brake light switch will adjust as the lever adjusts?

2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline keithzx

  • SX Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 274
  • Bike: z 1000 sx tourer
  • City / Town: south shields
  • Country: uk
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2018, 11:58:22 AM »
should only take you two mins to remove your old pegs ,about the same to fit the new ones , very simple to do , fix your foot rest to the plate first then mount it on the bike , you may have to try it a couple of times till you get the best position that is good for you , once you have it in the correct place I used a drop of Loctite before I finally secured it into place, once you adjust your brake pedal (search on the forum there is instructions ) the switch for the brake light is adjustable separate to the brake pedal , the switch is inside a round plastic body that just screws up and down, honest it is easy once you have a look at it , I found it a bit awkward to get my hand in so I undone the two bolts holding the lever bracket  in place gives you a bit more room .

Online Ninjamaster

  • SX God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1408
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: MotoWerk Footpeg Lowering Kit
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »
Yup correct 5 min job but I forgot to adjust the brake light switch oops back to the garage.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD