Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which Spray Gun For ACF50?  (Read 686 times)

Offline DavidStonework

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000SX 2017
Re: Which Spray Gun For ACF50?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 02:18:56 PM »
If you're looking at compressors, I use an SGS compressor to drive an air hammer for my stone work. They do a range with gravity feed paint and oil sprays. I can't comment on the quality of those as I don't use them but the compressor and associated fittings I use are superb. Mine's a 50L but I am sure the smaller model would do for this https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-compressors/semi-pro-diy/sc6h-6-litre-oil-less-air-compressor-tool-kit

That said a hand powered gun like the one above is surely sufficient.

Offline Talkspot

• SX Pro
  • Talkspot
  • Bike: 2017 Green Beast
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
:461: :460: Never heard of a Flairosol before, just ordered one.

Same and same.

Cheers for info
Every other colour wants to be Kawa Green!

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2017 Ninja 650
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by DavidStonework [+]
If you're looking at compressors, I use an SGS compressor to drive an air hammer for my stone work. They do a range with gravity feed paint and oil sprays. I can't comment on the quality of those as I don't use them but the compressor and associated fittings I use are superb. Mine's a 50L but I am sure the smaller model would do for this https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-compressors/semi-pro-diy/sc6h-6-litre-oil-less-air-compressor-tool-kit

That said a hand powered gun like the one above is surely sufficient.

I have the same. 50l Sgs one as well as a range of thier jack stands low profile 3tone.jack etc. Good stuff has taken. All the abuse I have thrown. At it!

Offline stevo

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: XSR900 & T120
  • City / Town: West Wittering
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »
Thanks guys for the info. I too have the SGS 50ltr compressor but in fairness the Clark's, and all the others are all from the same source for the most part, just rebranded.

I've a pretty comprehensive air tool kit now and much prefer using air power over mains (and my Makita battery power tools when necessary), and can't be ar$ed with pumping up bottles etc...

I'll try one of the cheapo spray guns first and just take a punt as let's be honest, we're not building watches just throwing some grease on a bike!  :008:

Stevo

Offline Captain-Failmore

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
Got the Flairosols this afternoon and tried with water only atm but the misting is very fine. I also tried the ACF50 buddy bottle with water and that was better than I expected it to be, but yeah the Flairosol is better at misting than the ACF50 buddy bottle no question.
YNWA 96