Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which Spray Gun For ACF50?  (Read 1898 times)

Online DavidStonework

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000SX 2017
Re: Which Spray Gun For ACF50?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 02:18:56 PM »
If you're looking at compressors, I use an SGS compressor to drive an air hammer for my stone work. They do a range with gravity feed paint and oil sprays. I can't comment on the quality of those as I don't use them but the compressor and associated fittings I use are superb. Mine's a 50L but I am sure the smaller model would do for this https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-compressors/semi-pro-diy/sc6h-6-litre-oil-less-air-compressor-tool-kit

That said a hand powered gun like the one above is surely sufficient.

Offline Tudor Rebel

• SX Master
  • Tudor Rebel
  • Bike: 2017 NCC-1701
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
:461: :460: Never heard of a Flairosol before, just ordered one.

Same and same.

Cheers for info
KawaGreenSexy Goddess

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by DavidStonework [+]
If you're looking at compressors, I use an SGS compressor to drive an air hammer for my stone work. They do a range with gravity feed paint and oil sprays. I can't comment on the quality of those as I don't use them but the compressor and associated fittings I use are superb. Mine's a 50L but I am sure the smaller model would do for this https://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-compressors/semi-pro-diy/sc6h-6-litre-oil-less-air-compressor-tool-kit

That said a hand powered gun like the one above is surely sufficient.

I have the same. 50l Sgs one as well as a range of thier jack stands low profile 3tone.jack etc. Good stuff has taken. All the abuse I have thrown. At it!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline stevo

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: XSR900 & T120
  • City / Town: West Wittering
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »
Thanks guys for the info. I too have the SGS 50ltr compressor but in fairness the Clark's, and all the others are all from the same source for the most part, just rebranded.

I've a pretty comprehensive air tool kit now and much prefer using air power over mains (and my Makita battery power tools when necessary), and can't be ar$ed with pumping up bottles etc...

I'll try one of the cheapo spray guns first and just take a punt as let's be honest, we're not building watches just throwing some grease on a bike!  :008:

Stevo

Offline Captain-Failmore

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
Got the Flairosols this afternoon and tried with water only atm but the misting is very fine. I also tried the ACF50 buddy bottle with water and that was better than I expected it to be, but yeah the Flairosol is better at misting than the ACF50 buddy bottle no question.
YNWA 96

Offline maccmike

• SX God
  • 4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 05:02:10 PM »
Anyone have a problem with the flairosol spraying a jet instead of a mist with ACF50, or is it faulty? Or is it too high a viscosity?

Offline survi

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2017
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »
You need to place it in hot water for 10 min before spraying ACF50 is oil based so if colder it will be more dense, try it should help
Z1000SX 2017 Tourer Candy Burnt Orange | Kawasaki sliders | WILKUJ automatic chain oiler | Bodyguard PPF | Ventura rack + SHAD SH58 | R&G tail tidy + LED indicators | Arrow headers + Scorpion Serket

Offline Captain-Failmore

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 06:43:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
Anyone have a problem with the flairosol spraying a jet instead of a mist with ACF50, or is it faulty? Or is it too high a viscosity?
When I did my bike I heated the ACF50 in hot water bucket and for the first half of spraying the bike it misted really well just like in the video. But towards the end it changed to a jet just like you have found. Not sure if it needed warming up again as I was finishing up and I could just cloth the rest of what I had to do but I was disappointed for sure especially as it was me that suggested this as a "good" cheap alternative. I am going to (when I can afford it) buy a small compressor literally just for ACF50ing the bike, something I really did not want to do.
YNWA 96

Offline smithmas

• SX Junior
  • Bike: Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 02:03:34 PM »
I subscribe to the Missenden Flyer on you tube and went for the same version he used.
Worth a watch

Online teapot

• SX Member
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 02:36:16 PM »
I used an electric one off ebay sprayed my bike,fence,me, floor,shed.garage door :034: :034:

expletive