Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Vibes  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2017 Ninja 650
  • City / Town: Essex
Re: Vibes
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Denbow [+]
When I have such doubts I take a look at the SX and realise I made the right decision. If I'd bought a Z900 or RS I'd miss the fairing and screen every time I go out.

Yeah I agree. It was such a battle when I bought the SX I was pacing around the show room untill the guys here helped me decide.

Offline Denbow

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 07:35:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]
Yeah I agree. It was such a battle when I bought the SX I was pacing around the show room untill the guys here helped me decide.
I'd been looking at changing the Bandit for over a year but couldn't find anything as good, or not for what I wanted a bike for. The SX was always the nearest. What put me off were reports of high footpegs, the hard seat, screen not tall enough, lights, and I couldn't fall in love with the look of the front. Then when the 2018 came out with all the niggles sorted I began to show more interest. THEN Kawasaki introduced the 900RS which diverted my attention. The trouble was my impatience, I didn't want to wait all Summer for them to become available, the dealer had 3 SX's in stock, offered a good deal on the Bandit so I jumped straight in.
I guess they're still waiting for 900RS's to come in. I haven't seen one on the road and when I took the SX in for the 1st service in July they only had one on the floor for viewing only.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »
There are loads of them at Colchester kawi including the akashi ones and a nice collection of the original bikes

Offline Denbow

• SX Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 08:34:12 PM »
There are loads of them at Colchester kawi including the akashi ones and a nice collection of the original bikes

Supplies must be flowing at last.  :002:

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
To be honest they've been there since before the summer. Haven't ridden it but personally when I sat on it I didn't like it. It had that sit on top of feeling and prefer the sit in feel. Stunning looking bike though.

Offline Denbow

• SX Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »
To be honest they've been there since before the summer. Haven't ridden it but personally when I sat on it I didn't like it. It had that sit on top of feeling and prefer the sit in feel. Stunning looking bike though.

You folks down south get everything before us here in the frozen north.  :164:
I know what you mean about sit in and sit on. I was used to sit on with the Bandit and the Bonneville before that. Must admit to preferring the sit in position of the SX.   

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »
Yeah just find sit feels more natural to me hence prefer z900 over mt09 also.

Offline Denbow

• SX Member
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »
Yeah just find sit feels more natural to me hence prefer z900 over mt09 also.

Agreed. The Z900's also better looking IMO. I don't like the Yamaha's transformer face, the new rear number plate holder thing or their colour schemes. 

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 11:08:57 PM »
I would. Confess to liking the xsrine of yamaha's bikes though! Again though they have the sit on top style plus thier finance isn't as competitive as kawasakis for. Some reason.

Offline trivster

• SX Master
  • City / Town: Marazion
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »
Nah as much as the Z900RS is a lovely looking bike, you are getting much more for your money with the SX.  Look closely at the Z900RS and you'll see some bits that are cheap in comparison, one of which is the headlight brackets - they're just pressed steel painted brackets - even the (much) cheaper XSR900 is more detailed in those areas.  Not to mention you're giving away over 25bhp and a load of torque too.  I can't imagine riding 400 miles in a day on a naked bike on the motorway whereas with the SX it's relatively easy.

expletive