Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: X or V system single or dual injector?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2017 Ninja 650
  • City / Town: Essex
X or V system single or dual injector?
« on: August 16, 2018, 12:27:14 AM »
Chaps I've decided I can't be bothered to use lube any more (insert jokes here).

Thinking scottoiler V system but wondering about having to mess about with adjusting it all the time given it will be under seat.

Or go with x system (or pd oiler) for easier install and less faff with adjusting flow rate given ambient temp.

I know some of you have adapted the dual injector to fit? Why? Is the single sided design not upto the job? Leave one side of the chain dry or something?

Thoughts please? Which one, if.you went for electronic why? If you wentfor have dual injector why and what issue with the single injector prompted you to switch?

Nb: I've perused pretty much all the topics via search function whilst sitting here at my in laws in Spain over the last week.

Ta

Offline burty

• SX God
  • City / Town: Rochester, Kent
Re: X or V system single or dual injector?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 06:44:09 AM »
If you have viewed all the topics already then you probably already know my preference, which is pdoiler all the way.  Why?  Because as it dispenses a measured volume of oil every pulse it doesn't suffer from variation due to temperature.  Otherwise scottoiler  V system for simplicity but regular adjustment.   I always thought that the X system is expensive and overly complex. 

Single Vs dual injector?  Single.  I have always considered the single to be perfectly adequate, why add the complexity of the dual injector?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:19:33 AM by burty »
2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Online Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:44:04 AM »
Same as busy, I went for a pdoiler, easy to install, cheaper than Scottoiler, electronic distribution rather than needing to cut into bikes vacuum, known pulse of oil delivered at set intervals (set and forget) system.

My difference is I combined mine with a Scottoiler dual injector. With the single injector I noticed the delivery sponge had acme off leaving just the delivery tube nozel. With just the delivery nozel i could see the outer surface / links were being treated and in good condition but the inner part of the chain and links looked to be dry and not getting oiled. So I modified (very simply) my setup with the Scottoiler dual injector. Now both sides of the chain and links get a nice coating of oil.

I live by the sea and salt air is a regular thing, I also ride all year round every day so road salt in the winter is a extra thing for me to be aware of and protect against.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 10:02:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
Same as busy, I went for a pdoiler, easy to install, cheaper than Scottoiler, electronic distribution rather than needing to cut into bikes vacuum, known pulse of oil delivered at set intervals (set and forget) system.

My difference is I combined mine with a Scottoiler dual injector. With the single injector I noticed the delivery sponge had acme off leaving just the delivery tube nozel. With just the delivery nozel i could see the outer surface / links were being treated and in good condition but the inner part of the chain and links looked to be dry and not getting oiled. So I modified (very simply) my setup with the Scottoiler dual injector. Now both sides of the chain and links get a nice coating of oil.

I live by the sea and salt air is a regular thing, I also ride all year round every day so road salt in the winter is a extra thing for me to be aware of and protect against.

Thanks Scotty I recall you mounted the dual injector via the bobbin area. What size and length bolt did you use?

Online Scotty001

• SX Master
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:12:02 AM »
Im not sure on the size or length but it was the bolt that came with the Scottoiler dual injector kit. The only bits not used from the kit were I just a couple of washers I had laying about, these were used to adjust the spacing a little so both parts of the injector were perfectly aligned with the rear sprocket.

Online Scotty001

• SX Master
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 10:18:09 AM »
Just looking at Scottoiler website so see if it's mentioned there and can see they have an offer for the dual injector at £19.95

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »
Thanks Scott, it's convenient that we can just use the stock hardware. Will have a look.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 01:33:41 AM »
So went for the x system, I don't know why. Would say straight up it's over priced for what it is. If your thinking about it follow the advice here and get the pd oiler and save your self a ton of cash.

Having said that it does work so there's that lol

Also fitted the dual injector using the bolt and spacers provided in the box plus 2 small washer I had lying around to get the spacing just right.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »
Contacted Scottoiler for flow rates for the xsystem as there's no specific guidenbelownisnresponse if any one interested and ever purchases the system:

"The xSystem has 5 flow rate settings, from “20 spd seconds per drop (three drops per minute, to “150” spd).  It’s really a simplified eSystem and, as you have to look at your chain to determine whether you need to increase or decrease the flow, we now just have “ MORE” AND “LESS” buttons. I, personally find a setting of approximately 1 drop every 70 or 80 seconds, or so, in fine weather, and up to 50 spd,  if it rains."

Offline ellewasal

• SX Junior
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »
I have had a couple of v system scottoilers, bought in wealthier times. The one on my current bike has been in use for the past 6 years. It has prolonged chain life remarkably and also reduced how often chain adjustment is necessary. However, it started to leak recently. After following all the official advice, it still leaked and I was advised to buy a new reservoir because they do not supply service parts to mend it. In my opinion, the kit and spares prices are ridiculous. So, after a bit of tinkering, I did what was not recommended and took it apart carefully. I cleaned every part thoroughly. I observed that the crucial parts are an interference fit and the return spring is fairly weak. I reassembled the kit using sealant, to ensure an effective seal, and adjusted the existing spring slightly, adding an o ring. The kit now works without leaking. I would say to Scottoiler either make the kit more robust or provide spare internals. Either would be more friendly to the planet than the current situation