Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: X or V system single or dual injector?  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
Re: X or V system single or dual injector?
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
True
 As I said in an earlier post I wish I had listened to the guys here and gone with the pd oiler it's cheaper by good margin. The x system is good but over priced for what it is.

It takes some getting used to though as I ve had it a couple of months and still can't decide if I have enough oil on the chain or not. I'm. So used to caking on spray lube. I guess time will tell in terms of chain wear and adjustment etc.

What I will say though is if. You haven't trjed an oiler buy one. I commute daily and it's made my. Life soo much easier.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: XR34 and TZ350
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 11:00:55 AM »
Have used scottoiler v systems on my last 5 or 6 bike over a 10 year period.  All with a lube tube added  which increased the range to 3-4k before refills.  Once set up they have all worked flawlessly and increased chain life massively.     Its probably the best investment you can make on a chain drive bike.  Never used anything other than the single sided feeder.   you can add the twin but I'm not sure what extra it brings.

Rgds Steve   
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rocky the Dog [+]
Have used scottoiler v systems on my last 5 or 6 bike over a 10 year period.  All with a lube tube added  which increased the range to 3-4k before refills.  Once set up they have all worked flawlessly and increased chain life massively.     Its probably the best investment you can make on a chain drive bike.  Never used anything other than the single sided feeder.   you can add the twin but I'm not sure what extra it brings.

Rgds Steve   
The twin gets both sides, if you looked at the side of the chain closest to the wheel it would have looked in a rougher state and not as well lubricated. Scottoiler were the go to system for automatic chain oiling and I too used them for over a decade, but there are now many more out there to choose from which are just as good if not better when cost factor is brought into it. I now use a Pd oiler which as standard needs to be re fuelled every 3k miles (no extea lube tube needed) . It's so much cheaper to buy than a Scottoiler and simpler to install. I have however paired it with the Scottoiler dual injector so both sides get equally lubed.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
I adapted a dual injectoe too for the SX. Only requires a few extra washers. Find it lubes both sides OK but I want to find a. Way of keeping my. Paddockstand bobbins so I can quickly. Lift the bike. Instead of using the Anna stand.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Rocky the Dog

• SX God
  • Bike: XR34 and TZ350
  • City / Town: Newent & Marlow
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
The twin gets both sides, if you looked at the side of the chain closest to the wheel it would have looked in a rougher state and not as well lubricated. Scottoiler were the go to system for automatic chain oiling and I too used them for over a decade, but there are now many more out there to choose from which are just as good if not better when cost factor is brought into it. I now use a Pd oiler which as standard needs to be re fuelled every 3k miles (no extea lube tube needed) . It's so much cheaper to buy than a Scottoiler and simpler to install. I have however paired it with the Scottoiler dual injector so both sides get equally lubed.

Scotty, if you have the setting correct and the nozzle in the correct position, the oil spreads well enough across the entire chain.  Never had any issues and at one point about 8 years ago I was riding about 20k a year in all weather's - though I will admit my Scottoiler was always set on the generous side.  Never an issue.  Plus as to price, I bought all mine in ebay auctions and never paid more than £45 for one.  And they were all boxed and new.  You just need to keep an eye out for bargains as there are plenty to be had though the last one I bought was about 6 years ago and I had used it on my previous Honda before the sx
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:51:17 PM by Rocky the Dog »
Only a Biker understands why a dog puts its head out of car windows

Offline ellewasal

• SX Junior
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
scottoiler want over £50 for a spare v system dispenser. Buying at auction defeats the idea that the oiler is operational continuously when the bike is running and also its a whole new kit when all that is required is a stronger spring, thus wasting resources and putting more rubbish plastic into the environment

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 09:20:27 PM »
So guys I've had the xsystem for sometime now, it's does what it says on the tin and I love the convenience but I'm finding spots of rust on my putter link plates..??

I clean weekly with kerosene let it dry off and then paint a thin layer of scottoil on inner and outer links as well as across middle of chain.

Others having this problem? Only done 1900miles, worried about chain longevity if its this prone to rusting.. My ninja 650 chain links siezed in 4k with meticulous maintenence even the tech commented when the chain was changed under warranty that it was clean and well looked after.

Both bike chain had DID marked on the side so they should be quality chains!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline burty

• SX God
  • City / Town: Rochester, Kent
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 06:32:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]
So guys I've had the xsystem for sometime now, it's does what it says on the tin and I love the convenience but I'm finding spots of rust on my putter link plates..??

I clean weekly with kerosene let it dry off and then paint a thin layer of scottoil on inner and outer links as well as across middle of chain.

Others having this problem? Only done 1900miles, worried about chain longevity if its this prone to rusting.. My ninja 650 chain links siezed in 4k with meticulous maintenence even the tech commented when the chain was changed under warranty that it was clean and well looked after.

Both bike chain had DID marked on the side so they should be quality chains!

The oem chains are uncoated steel so will rust, particularly if you clean it off regularly.  Personally I wouldn't clean it.  If you have the scottoiler set correctly it's self cleaning, that is one of the benefits of a chain oiler.  In my experience cleaning a chain often does more harm than good and is not worth the effort unless the chain is particularly gunked up, which doesn't normally happen with an oiler.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:37:55 AM by burty »
2011 Z1000SX, in GREEN, owned since September 2011.  50,000 miles, MCT tweaked front suspension, Maxton Rear shock, heated grips, MRA dark sport screen, PDoiler, Scorpion Serket Exhausts.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 06:47:46 AM »
Thanks for the info burty will clean off rust and reduce the cleaning schedule and see if that keeps the rust away.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD