Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which Paddock Stand?  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Fizzy

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Which Paddock Stand?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »
I’m after the 1jac after seeing it. It’s a bit pricey so we’ll see what Santa brings.

I’ve had the same stand for 18 years and used it on loads of bikes but just can’t lift the SX with it. I suppose I’ve had my monies worth out of it.
Ex 2009 Triumph Street Triple R
2018 Kawasaki Z1000SX Tourer
2006 Beta Alp 4T

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »
I have the Moto gp one piece paddock stand from. Sportsbike. Shop does the job. I now also have an ABBA too. Its a bit of a faff but is more stable easier to use on my. Own.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Fair Weather

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Tenbury Wells
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 09:18:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]
I have the Moto gp one piece paddock stand from. Sportsbike. Shop does the job. I now also have an ABBA too. Its a bit of a faff but is more stable easier to use on my. Own.

I haven't used either, but the Abba stand looks much safer.
If it looks to good to be true, buy it.

Offline madmic

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000SX 2016
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »
Abba with the front wheel lifting parts. Great bit of kit. Much more stable than it looks and can to both wheels off at the same time.

Offline nimmz

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx orange
  • City / Town: Devon
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 05:10:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by madmic [+]
Abba with the front wheel lifting parts. Great bit of kit. Much more stable than it looks and can to both wheels off at the same time.
+1  :461:

Offline Swansea Jack

• SX Member
  • Bike: Z1000SX(2018)
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »
My cheapo Tech 7 paddock stand has lifted my last few bikes ok. The SX goes up and down with little effort with the same stand except for the reflector/plate which sticks out a long way on the stock tail so my hand gets in the way sometimes, and hurts!. Tail tidy would solve this or even chop off the bottom bit and then add self adhesive reflectors  on the plate. If you have the stock tail, make sure any stand has sufficient height.

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 01:54:36 AM »
I went the other way,

Used the fact that I couldn't use my Oxford paddock stand to convince the wife that buying an Evotech Tail Tidy was a good investment  :164: :745:

For reference, with Tail Tidy fitted, paddock stand now fits  :062: :celebrate:
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
  • Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4
  • City / Town: Rossendale
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
I went the other way,

Used the fact that I couldn't use my Oxford paddock stand to convince the wife that buying an Evotech Tail Tidy was a good investment  :164: :745:

For reference, with Tail Tidy fitted, paddock stand now fits  :062: :celebrate:

+1
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline Fizzy

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 02:09:48 PM »
I ordered the 1Jac and it arrived yesterday. Planning on getting the fitting kit installed this week. If anyone has one and some photos I'd love to see them before I start. Am I right in assuming that the engine mount bolt comes off, is put in on the other side of the bike and the supplied lug goes in on the left hand side?
Ex 2009 Triumph Street Triple R
2018 Kawasaki Z1000SX Tourer
2006 Beta Alp 4T

Offline malcolm159

• SX Member
  • Bike: 2017 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Sheffield
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »
Hi,
Yes, you are correct about removing engine bolt, I pushed a bar in from the right hand side to follow the engine bolt out as there’s a spacer that’s on that side that may fall down/out. Doesn’t need to be same diameter just something to keep the spacer from dropping. The adapter replaces the nut, you may want to check how much the thread sticks though in the adapter and perhaps add a washer at bolt head end to have less sticking out. The instructions are good so following them this is what I did. I wrapped a bit of tape round the bottom pin to take up the slack then positioned the top one and tightened it up. I removed the tape and tried the fit of the two pins they should slide in nicely. If you are satisfied add it to the main stand. You need someone to help you while you are setting it up from now by holding the bike, I tried two positions out of the four and selected the bottom one in the middle i.e. 6 o clock tighten the big nut up and the small cross bar nuts check it still slides in and try lifting bike, it took a couple of goes to get it right and if I can load the picture you will see the large bolt in the end hole this was after I tried the bottom one but in the end went back to the bottom one. I’m sorry don’t have a picture of that position. After I’d used it for a couple of months and you will find out that the height of the plate can go up and down as you move the handle up and down to suit all the different bikes not just the sx, I eventually using a bit of tape marked where the correct place was then drilled and tapped a small hole for a 5mm screw then added it that way the height was correct and all I have to do is put 1jac in its lowest position stopped by screw, lift the bike off side stand and move towards vertical so that when it’s in the correct position the pins slide in then just lift . Sounds quite hard but after a couple of times using it I can lift my bike with the stand spin it though 180 decrees so its pointing back out of my garage in less than a couple minutes Hope that’s of help. P.S. I've posted a link on here to 1jac video showing them using it, do a search for my posts
Regards Malcolm.

expletive