Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rad guard fitting help  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
Rad guard fitting help
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »
Guys got the evotech rad guard today. Opened no fitting instructions and the online one is utter crap. I've recieved 2 bolts with a few spacers and a bunch of rubber washer as well as stick foam.

No reference in instructions to where spacers go why there are 3 holes in guard but only 2 bolts supplied and importantly where foam tape goes (assuming it's there to hold guard away from rad/for vibrations).

Ekk......any help appreciated as will be tackling tmrw evening once get bike in the morning and finishing up Sunday.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline NoddyNinja

• SX Master
  • Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4
  • City / Town: Rossendale
Re: Rad guard fitting help
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:06:30 PM »
Don't know about holes and bolts, feel sure that will become clear when you fit it.
Make sure you use the foam between the guard and face of the rad, I didn't and the metal to metal contact with the vibrations holed the rad, bummer  :oh_no:
Enjoying the V4 "ROAR"

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by NoddyNinja [+]
Don't know about holes and bolts, feel sure that will become clear when you fit it.
Make sure you use the foam between the guard and face of the rad, I didn't and the metal to metal contact with the vibrations holed the rad, bummer  :oh_no:

Hopefully it makes sense tmrw
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Buster Ray

• SX Pro
  • Buster Ray
  • Bike: z1000sx 2015
  • City / Town: Swinton/S. Yorks
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »
I have the Evotech radguard. I honestly cannot remember how I fitted it but I can tell you it must be obvious or I would have remembered some pain, and I don't. As previous post though, its very important that you fit the foam between the front of the rad and the guard.

2015 Touring, Red and Black. Custom Seat. Bagster Tank Cover, Puig DB Black Screen, Heated Grips, Telferizer Screen Mount, Evotech Rad Guard. De-Catted, Letxek Headers, Leo Vince Cans, Re-Mapped, Evotech Tail Tidy, Ermax Colour Coded Rear Hugger, R&G boot guards, frame caps, engine covers and crash bungs
Sent from a phone, using my thumbs.

Offline Buster Ray

• SX Pro
  • Buster Ray
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 06:51:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]
Hopefully it makes sense tmrw

Instructions here https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/evotech-instructions/instructions/007850+kawasaki+z1000+2010+z1000sx+radiator+instructions.pdf

"3. Remove one upper and one lower radiator mounting bolt.
4. Place Evotech Performance Radiator guard over the radiator. The r/h
upper mounting is straight onto frame spigot. Bolt in place using 2
original bolts in mountings.
5. Refit left hand side fairing"

2015 Touring, Red and Black. Custom Seat. Bagster Tank Cover, Puig DB Black Screen, Heated Grips, Telferizer Screen Mount, Evotech Rad Guard. De-Catted, Letxek Headers, Leo Vince Cans, Re-Mapped, Evotech Tail Tidy, Ermax Colour Coded Rear Hugger, R&G boot guards, frame caps, engine covers and crash bungs

Offline Buster Ray

• SX Pro
  • Buster Ray
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 06:53:31 AM »
Basically the upper right hand hole goes onto an existing peg (spigot) hence only two actual bolts

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 07:07:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Buster Ray [+]
Basically the upper right hand hole goes onto an existing peg (spigot) hence only two actual bolts

Thanks buster will have a look where exactly to stick the foam to on the guard this weekend and what the spacers are for!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline trivster

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marazion
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 07:11:18 AM »
it can be fiddly to fit as the radiator is so high up, removing the upper and lower fairings are the best way forward.  There is an excellent video tutorial by Jonathan Long on how to do this:

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 07:21:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by trivster [+]
it can be fiddly to fit as the radiator is so high up, removing the upper and lower fairings are the best way forward.  There is an excellent video tutorial by Jonathan Long on how to do this:

Thanks triv have been watching that for a few days now so I think I'm good with getting them off. I'll fit the guard the same time as I take the fairing off to fit the sliders. I'm just hoping it makes sense on the bike where to put the sticky foam and where the spacers you go. Will update on how I do over the weekend.

For now I'm off to Colchester to collect, thank god it's stopped raining here now!

2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
Nb got the following reply from evotech

The foam is fitted to the 2 vertical ribbed edges that protrude from the radiator.

Bolts and spacers are for versy 1000 not sx.

Regards Garry

Hopefully that will help others but I'll update once fitted
2017 ninja 650 SOLD