Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Delivery preperation  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2017 Ninja 650
  • City / Town: Essex
Re: Delivery preperation
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 09:35:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by sooty66 [+]
deffo front fenda extender as well,i was advised to fit both by the guys on here and glad I did,rear one is fitted too,oxford grips seem to be universally recommended,way cheaper than Kawasaki's own

Which extender did you use and did you just glue on? Not keen on drilling holes for pop rivets!

Offline sooty66

• SX Master
  • Bike: z1000sx 2018
  • City / Town: knaresborough
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »
both are pyramid plastics,front was done using their own double sided pads,rock solid,the rear was glued on,but came loose,my fault I think,so used three black headed rivets to help secure it,scotty001 did a good step by step for the rear,do a search for it
Once you've had black,you'll never look back

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by sooty66 [+]
both are pyramid plastics,front was done using their own double sided pads,rock solid,the rear was glued on,but came loose,my fault I think,so used three black headed rivets to help secure it,scotty001 did a good step by step for the rear,do a search for it

Ta, will do

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 11:23:46 AM »
my Personal opinion is

Evotech tail Tidy (widely regarded on here as the best tail tidy, I love mine) and rad guard (good quality and cheaper than R&G)

Evotech don't do frame sliders for the SX, so I'm ordering Kwak sliders to be fitted along side next service. £175 which is again cheaper than R&G and look better!
PowerBronze also do sliders but I can't comment on their quality but they don't look great, but they are a lot cheaper still, and forum members get a further discount!

I have a PowerBronze screen which is good and worth the money!

Recommend Kwak paddock stand bobbins as after market ones are at risk of fouling the exhaust and scratch the swing arm. the Kwak ones are deliberately small and have nice swing arm protectors. Expensive though.

R&G for things like casing protectors, etc although the Kwak ones look rather nice again.

As for the protective film and stuff, I personally won't bother but each to their own.

finally, if you looking for any sat-nav, camera or phone mounts then speak to Bob at Telferizer. One man band who makes custom RAM mounts for motorcycles, his stuff is well worth it! Don't bother trying to borouse his website though, it's useless! just give him a call or PM through his website.. really nice bloke.

Good luck and enjoy your new SX!

https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/accessories/model/Z1000SX?UidCat=01FFWUYNBkU9Iw&UidSubCat=0546WlhZXFhaWllYWFlYWVhcW1pZRg0GRT0j&CodeBaseInternal=0218MjpZWFhYOzA

http://www.telferizer.com/products/

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/kawasaki-z1000sx-motorcycle-parts/YEAR_2016

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/searchedproducts.aspx?maketext=KAWASAKI&modeltext=Z1000SX&yeartext=17

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:34:49 AM by Shandy »
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »
Thanks shandy! Have panniers so notnsure can do the tail tidy but not so fussed about that. Already have a fork stem ram mount will check the guy out. Might have a better solution!

Interested in your power bronze screen though I like the sound of thier coloured e.g. red to match the red accents

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]
Thanks shandy! Have panniers so notnsure can do the tail tidy but not so fussed about that. Already have a fork stem ram mount will check the guy out. Might have a better solution!

Interested in your power bronze screen though I like the sound of thier coloured e.g. red to match the red accents

Evotech is the only Tail Tidy built to go with the Kawak panniers without adjustment, and it also uses the standard indicators and number plate light! Just one of the reasons it's a forum favorite!  :047: I have one and also use Kwak panniers.

https://www.z1000sx.co.uk/index.php/topic,10149.10.html
https://www.z1000sx.co.uk/index.php/topic,9928.0.html

R&G tail tidy is also compatible with panniers but more expensive, you need to source and buy your own indicators and involves some adjustment each time you fit panniers  :oh_no: :827:

Telferizer produce a RAM mount that fits behind the screen above the clocks and I can vouch for it working!

https://www.z1000sx.co.uk/index.php/topic,9835.0.html

I came across my screen as a cheap EvilBay find (£10) and main reason if I'm honest was for aesthetic reasons, but it does also improve air flow. You won't be disappointed. there's loads of topics on here about screens, too many to sift through and post a link,  :431:

hope this helps, more homework I'm afraid though  :oh_no:
Support Your NHS @ 70yrs old

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 01:50:34 PM »
Awesome mate!

So far:

Evotech tail tidy
Evotech rad guard
Kawi frame sliders
RG fork sliders
Kawi rear spools
Powerbronz front screen (black or red or iridium red)
Oxford heated grips
Front and rear fender extender

Anyone any views on headlight covers? Is it just for racing?

Also never used shorty levers? What is thier purpose? Quite liked my long levers on my ninja 650.

That's a nice long list there! For me the protection bits come first then rest will follow with Cash flow to follow

Offline maccmike

• SX God
  • 4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 04:13:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ninjamaster [+]

Anyone any views on headlight covers? Is it just for racing?

Just there to protect the expensive headlight lens IMO. I have Pyramid lightly smoked and they seem to do their job very well.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX Master
  • Topic Author
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by maccmike [+]
Just there to protect the expensive headlight lens IMO. I have Pyramid lightly smoked and they seem to do their job very well.

I was thinking of a clear film,any legal issues with the cover

I was thinking of a clear film,any legal issues with the covers?

Offline maccmike

• SX God
  • 4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul
  • Bike: Z1000SX Black
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 05:22:05 PM »
Passed MOT with them on which I know doesn't necessarily mean they are legal. I think it is only the very dark ones you would have a problem with. I do have very bright LED bulbs though.

expletive