Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Disappointed 😢  (Read 9344 times)

Offline kwacky

• SX God
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Disappointed 😢
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
It sounds to me like you're getting very poor service from your dealer. Whenever I've had a problem my dealer has given me a loan bike until the problem has been resolved.

Recently I had a rear brake issue with my Versys and Kawasaki UK agreed to the work but it would take 3 days to get the part to me. My dealer took the part off a new bike and took it off the forecourt so my bike could be fixed in a day.  In the meantime they gave me another bike to use. That's the sort of support and service you should be getting.

Offline John chamney

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Cosby Leicester
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »
Unfortunately no loan bike by either the dealer or by Kawasaki uk . I have news at last though . The mechanic decided to take the water pump out as one side of the radiator was hot and the other cold , upon inspection he found debris in the same form as a plastic bag , all be it the size of a 50p piece , his thoughts are that theres more in the system and it’s blocking the radiator . Kawasaki have authorised a new rad , thermostat and a reverse flush of the cooling system , all of which arrive Monday then fingers crossed 🤞. There’s no explanation as to what the debris is and how it got there , my only concerns now are , will all the debris be got out and could it have caused any long term damage ? 🤔

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by John chamney [+]
Unfortunately no loan bike by either the dealer or by Kawasaki uk . I have news at last though . The mechanic decided to take the water pump out as one side of the radiator was hot and the other cold , upon inspection he found debris in the same form as a plastic bag , all be it the size of a 50p piece , his thoughts are that theres more in the system and it’s blocking the radiator . Kawasaki have authorised a new rad , thermostat and a reverse flush of the cooling system , all of which arrive Monday then fingers crossed 🤞. There’s no explanation as to what the debris is and how it got there , my only concerns now are , will all the debris be got out and could it have caused any long term damage ? 🤔

I think your questions are valid ones as well as how they got there!! Poor showing on kawi quality control. Have they commented on head gasket? Did the over heat warp the head? Will they check it?

Can't believe they won't give you a loan bike!
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline John chamney

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »
They are sure none of the above have happened but who knows , you have to rely on people to know what they are doing and tell you the truth or is that just an ideal world , and one far from reality ?

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 07:49:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by John chamney [+]
They are sure none of the above have happened but who knows  you have to rely on people to know what they are doing and tell you the truth or is that just a ideal world one and one far from reality ?

Sadly I know what you mean! Wonder if you could speak with kawi and tell them to give you the extended warranty given the circumstances?
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Denbow

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Maybe a factory assembler was hungover from a night on the Saki and forgot to remove the thermostat from the plastic bag before fitting  :745: t

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 08:02:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Denbow [+]
Maybe a factory assembler was hungover from a night on the Saki and forgot to remove the thermostat from the plastic bag before fitting  :745: t
:192:
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline John chamney

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »
Very funny,  :008: am going to try for the extended warranty but won’t hold my breath . Just hope my bike goes back together without a mark and looks as good as new which it did , all be it for coolant sprayed down the left hand side of the bike !

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 08:13:10 PM »
I definitely think you should push for the extended warranty given the mileage and what was found in the coolant!!

Good luck keep us posted.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 08:14:55 PM by Ninjamaster »
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline Denbow

• SX Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 08:14:41 PM »
Many a true word is spoken in jest. Such things can and DO happen.