Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Disappointed 😢  (Read 9624 times)

Offline Olivious the Drummer

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx Tourer
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: Disappointed 😢
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »
I had a stone jam the fan behind the radiation so the bike overhearted and boiled the coolant. I’d suggest having a look at the fan as your issue sounds similar.
Keeping it shiny side up!

Offline 3twins

• SX Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »
Sticking thermostat??  Could be as simple as that.

Offline trivster

• SX Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z1000SX
  • City / Town: Marazion
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 09:35:37 PM »
I'm sure the dealer will sort it out for you, it might not currently be 'fit for purpose' but it's a mechanical object and over a year old - it will be repaired.  Very important that the oil was changed a month after it was new (regardless of mileage), was that done?  If not, you're in breach of warranty terms and conditions, so I wouldn't start shouting too much at the dealer and/or Kawasaki - they might tell you to sod off.

Offline John chamney

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Cosby Leicester
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »
It’s not a sticking thermostat , dodgey radiator or sticking fan , not heard of changing the oil after a month either thought the first oil change was at 600 miles ? Please advise if am wrong . The climbing temp gauge would have been a clue but given its age , mileage and more importantly the time I had been out for a spin  it wasn’t something I had paid much attention to , probably only been out ten mins at most and was just settling myself in .Think I agree with cyanide sid that it’s the head gasket , and running it in at 4000 revs causes this then it has to leave you with no confidence in the bike . Thanks for all the reply’s , will keep you updated to how it goes , in the meantime am left with no bike to enjoy this fantastic weather  :023:

Online nimmz

• SX Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx orange
  • City / Town: Devon
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 04:15:56 AM »
It doesn’t mention changing the oil after a month in the service manual.

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
  • Bike: 2018 z1000sx
  • City / Town: Essex
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 06:36:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by John chamney [+]
It’s not a sticking thermostat , dodgey radiator or sticking fan , not heard of changing the oil after a month either thought the first oil change was at 600 miles ? Please advise if am wrong . The climbing temp gauge would have been a clue but given its age , mileage and more importantly the time I had been out for a spin  it wasn’t something I had paid much attention to , probably only been out ten mins at most and was just settling myself in .Think I agree with cyanide sid that it’s the head gasket , and running it in at 4000 revs causes this then it has to leave you with no confidence in the bike . Thanks for all the reply’s , will keep you updated to how it goes , in the meantime am left with no bike to enjoy this fantastic weather  :023:

Haven't you asked for a loaner from the dealer?
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline cyanide sid

• SX Pro
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 07:46:40 PM »
Hi John , since the dealer as had your bike for 3-4 days now I wondered if they had come
up with a diagnoses on the problem , and maybe either sorted it or come to some sort of
arrangement with you , New bike for old [ well we can all dream ]

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
I'de be curious to hear what happened also.
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

Offline John chamney

• SX Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Cosby Leicester
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 11:47:26 PM »
Well have to say still very disappointed, it went in to Kawasaki Leicester on Wednesday with the hope of a easy fix by the mechanic ,unfortunately that wasn’t the case as all the things you would associate with this problem drew a blank . Because of other bikes being pre booked in mine seems to have gone on the back burner , I have spoken to Kawasaki uk to try and speed things up but all they do is phone the Leicester dealership and try to get them to speed up ! . Went into the dealership today and they are presently still unable to touch it , Kawasaki uk have told them the next course of action is to make sure the rad cap is seating properly on the rad , a quick and easy thing you might think but no ! I have been told that for them to try anything new on my bike they have to rob it off a new one ! Which means removing the part and then replacing it , in effect doubling the work , he even said this applies if they have to put a new radiator on it ! . Not tried going down the consumer rights act yet as my bike is orange and they no longer make that one so would have to have a colour I didn’t really want . I have a freind in the motor trade and a associated solicitor who have both said should I go down the replacement or refund route there shouldn’t be any argument. Just want my bike  :003: last thing , piss poor they remove things off of new bikes to test out another bikes faults ! Thanks both for asking how it’s going , soon as I know anymore I will post it cheers

Offline Ninjamaster

• SX God
  • What's a corner?
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 07:15:27 AM »
Sorrycto hear that John! Surely given the circumstances Kawasaki UK should offer you a loaner whilst yours is waiting to be fixed?
2017 ninja 650 SOLD

expletive