Active Topics

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 3800 mile service  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Day's!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
Re: 3800 mile service
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 10:15:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by NoddyNinja [+]
My experience is that tyre shops will always beat dealers, because that's what they do. Tyre shops buy loads more tyres and thus get bigger discounts, they can pass some of the discount on to punters and still make a reasonable living, dealers can't.

Spot on, almost word for word what my dealer said when he apologised for not being able to honor original quote, or match tyre shops quote.
Support Your NHS @ 70

Offline Scotty001

• SX Master
  • Bike: 17 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Hampshire
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 05:48:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by NoddyNinja [+]
My experience is that tyre shops will always beat dealers, because that's what they do. Tyre shops buy loads more tyres and thus get bigger discounts, they can pass some of the discount on to punters and still make a reasonable living, dealers can't.

+1 am I odd in that I only have 1 mechanic who will only work on and service  bike, a separate tyre fitting guy for anything wheel related and a separate guy for my mot's. I only every use these 3 people / companies and only for those reasons each.

Offline Shandy

• SX Master
  • A Motorbike's For Life, Not Just Sunny Day's!
  • Bike: ‘16 Z1000SX Blue
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 06:07:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scotty001 [+]
+1 am I odd in that I only have 1 mechanic who will only work on and service  bike, a separate tyre fitting guy for anything wheel related and a separate guy for my mot's. I only every use these 3 people / companies and only for those reasons each.

Sounds very similar to me.  :028:

Dealer for servicing and maintenance.

Tyre shop for tyres and consumables.

Don't often get to MOT my bikes, but ther is a particular shop I've used before. Otherwise It'd be back to same tyre shop for MOT.

I only asked the dealer about tyres this time because I was there and he offered me what I thought was an unbeatable deal...It wasn't so I went back to my tyre guy.

I use same tyre shop for my Wife's car tyres too!

think most people are like that, once you know somewhere is good, you tend to keep going back.
Support Your NHS @ 70

Offline Wessiedave

• SX Pro
  • Bike: KH500 Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Mirfield
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 08:09:00 AM »
If you're keeping bike I would changing the oil and filter ( life blood of the engine etc)
My two pennorth !

expletive